We have some very important news to report! The results of the latest automotive shootout from
Cars.com, USA Today, and "Motor Week" are in. The folks at Honda Superstore of Joliet are here to give you the results. his competition featured three
separate publications and six compact SUV models competing in some very intense testing conditions. There were also a variety of drivers, including: professional drivers, critics, and a casual family.
The winner of the the "Compact SUV Shootout" for models
under $25,000 is... Drum roll please. The 2012 Honda CR-V! While the people at Honda Superstore are not surprised, you might be wondering what led the CR-V to win the competition. Let's go over some of the specs:
2012 Honda CR-V At a Glance
- 4-Cylinder Engine
- 5-Speed Automatic Transmission
- 163 lb.-ft. of torque
Available in front or all-wheel
drive (FWD or AWD)
- EPA Fuel Economy Ratings of 23 mpg city/31 mpg highway/26 mpg combined* (front-wheel drive model)
- 104.1 cubic feet of Passenger Volume
- "Best Retained Value Award" from Edmunds.com
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety "Top Safety Pick" winner
- Five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Seating up to 5
- MSRP: Starting at $22,495
If you would like to learn more about the new Honda CR-V, or take it for a test drive, come down to Honda Superstore of Joliet today! We are happy to answer any questions or concerns that you might have regarding the CR-V or any other model in our new 2013 Honda lineup.
*Based on 2012 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.