This may baffle your mind, prompting numerous questions!. Most prominent of those is probably: How?
Just the feat of reaching that many miles was hardly difficult for Joe.
Since 1990 he averaged 62,000 miles per year as a claims adjuster, and
spent many days traveling across the entire state of Maine. But the real
reason he reached the 1,000,000 mark, was his diligent maintenance of
For those looking to grab a few Honda care tips from Joe, here are a few things he did.
- Accurately follow the maintenance schedule in the owners manual
- Check vehicle fluids weekly and change them annually
- Use quality OEM Honda parts
- Change your oil at least every 5,000 miles (using the same brand)
- Check and Replace brake fluid every couple of years
- Never let your tank run on "empty", or close to it
- Drive safe!
Of course, Joe does have eighteen years of
experience as an auto service tech up his sleeves. "Cars have been in my
blood and life for over 32 years,"1 he says. But, you don't
necessarily need a highly skilled mechanic to take care of your car.
While many service and maintenance efforts can be done by yourself, you
can always take it into Honda Superstore Of Joliet for service. If you are able to make it to 1,000,000 miles Honda might reward you, like they did with Joe, with a brand new Accord!